Hello my raviolis. Grandma-ma has a question for you. How many staples does grandma-ma have in her knee replacement incision? Can you tell? You will have to look closely because there are a few that are lumped together.
Okay, I'm sure you have lots of questions for grandma-ma so let me answer a few right now.
- Does it hurt? - Nope, doesn't hurt and it isn't stiff, it feels kinda cool.
- How long is the incision? It is 8 inches in length...that's a lot of staples.
- Do I still wear a dressing? Yes, I do. It is five soft guaze squares that I place over the entire incision. This protects it from infectio.
- Does it itch? Not yet, but it may once the incision starts to heal up.
- Will is always look like this? Nope, the staples will come out, the scar will heal over and soften in it's look. It will be thick and white for about a year, but will eventually get smaller and fleshy in color.
- Does grandma-ma worry about what it looks like? No, not really, it's a sign that tells me I have a new, strong knee that will let me play with my raviolis. That is a good trade off.
So, how many staples are in grandma-ma's incision? Try and count and post how many. Or if you can't put up a comment, then send my your guess in an email. With winner will receive a special prize. Grandma-ma loves you all.