Thursday, June 10, 2010

Man of War Cay

Hello my raviolis.  Grandma-ma and Grampy are having a wonderful time in the little island or Cay (pronounced key) of Man of War.  It is a very small island and the most water active. Everyone here has a boat and usually several.  They are a boat building island and are well known throughout the Bahamas.  We are staying here for a few days before we take our boat to the other side of the island. 

Say hello to my little friend. 
Curly tails, as they are known, although this one lost part of his curl run all over the islands.  They are fun to watch and scurry.

Gators in the Bahamas.  NOOOOO.  This stone gator is out front of a locals residence.  I thought it was neat.

Everyone travels by golf cart on these tiny islands.  I liked this cart because it was covered with children's hand prints.  The owner told me it was the hand prints of all of the kids on the island school.  Grades K - 6.  There are 27 kids in the Man of War school.
\
I like the hand prints on the golf cart.  How many hand prints would you see from your school?  You would need many, many golf carts to show all of the school children's hands.

Pretty beaches on the island of Man of War. Have a lovely day my raviolis and be good.  Grandma-ma and Grampy love you all very much.

No comments: